Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

Class Party--And a Contest!

     I love reading The BFG to my munchkins at the end of the year.  It's a great way to constructively use their natural spring fever/end-of-the-year-induced silliness.  I love the silence in the room as I read it aloud and they follow along in their book.  I love the excited and delighted giggles when they realize what whizpopping is.  I love the groans and the, "Please can we read the next chapter?" when we're done reading for the day.

 (Photo courtesy of www.barnsandnoble.com)
 
      This year we'll finish reading the book the day before our class party, so we're having a BFG-themed party!  We're going to drink frobscottle (ginger ale with a new label on it), eat snozzcumbers and other snacks, make "dream jars" (colored sand in bottles), and play "Giant Games" (relay races in giant shoes, etc.)!  We'll spend the afternoon watching the movie version of the book.  
     I did this for my end-of-the-year party last year, and it was a huge success.  The munchkins LOVE being able to do the things they've read about.  It's also an upbeat way to spend the last full day of school.
   
     * * *          * * *          * * *          * * *          * * *        

...And Now For the CONTEST!

     In an effort to get more followers for this blog and my Teachers Pay Teachers store (ckick here to go to my store), I'm having a contest with THREE WINNERS!  If you follow both pages and leave a comment here, (make sure you leave your email so I can contact you if you win) you'll be entered to win a free item from my TpT store! 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment