Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The End Is Near

The end of the school year is always bittersweet.  It's nice to look forward to summertime and a chance to take a break and recharge the teaching batteries.  It's sad to see students leave the classroom on that last day, knowing that some of them will be moving and I'll probably never see them again.  It's nice to know that I'll finally have time to weed my garden and pressure wash the siding on my house.  But it's hard to leave my friends that I see every day and know that I won't see many of them again for two months.

This year it's especially difficult because after seven wonderful years at my current school, I'm moving to a different one.  Yes, I'll still be teaching third grade, and yes, I'll still be in the same county, working for the same school system, so many things will stay the same. 




I won't miss the long drive to school every morning and back home every evening, and how much I pay for gas and upkeep on my 14 year-old car, but there are so many things I am going to miss...

  --seeing my teammate every morning and hearing about her two precious girls and the trials and tribulations of living with an engineer
  --talking with my fellow 3rd grade teachers family and seeing them every day, joking with them in the halls, and being there to support them when they need it (and especially when they don't think they need it, but really do)
  --being in the school where I started my career and where I know everyone and everyone knows me



I know I'll grow to love my new school, and I've already heard so many wonderful things about it, and I'm really looking forward to the excuse to purge and throw away so many of my old and outdated materials and start fresh in a new room, but that doesn't make leaving my Lotts family any easier.  Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment