Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

And Now for a Guided Tour

     I have confessed my addiction to Pinterest on here before, but I don't think I explained exactly how much I use it in my classroom.  As I met fellow staff members in my new school, I was repeatedly asked what my "theme" was for my classroom.  I explained that I don't really have a theme, I just like neatness and color.

     Then I looked at my classroom the other day.

     I realized that I DID, in fact, have a theme.  Everything in my room was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.  And I mean EVERYTHING.  From the bedsheets backing my bulletin boards and the ribbon border, to the clothespins clipped to ribbon for how we go home and where we are in the writing process, it all came from my fellow teachers that I follow online.  I gotta say thanks!

     Here are some specific elements {so be prepared for a LONG blog post}:

Made from a Wal Mart magnetic calendar.  I made my own numbers and velcroed them in place.  It's hung with binder clips and push pins.

Gotta love numbered clothespins!  This jobs chart was made with labels stuck on circle accents.

"Show Me the Evidence," for helping with that transition to Common Core

How We Go Home, again numbered clothespins make everything easier!

Clock numbers

As you can see, I'm at recess right now     :^)

Behavior Bingo on the front of my desk.

I'm not sure I like the header.  I may end up changing it at some point.  You know, when I have time {because I have so much spare time once the school year starts.}

Morning routine sign, with a dull/sharp double pencil bucket, and 4 lunch choice buckets.  Under this shelf are the 3-drawer containers where students turn in their work.

I took all the versions of this sign that I could find and combined them into one long list.  I couldn't decide which ones I wanted to use, so I used them all.
     And now for the tour:

Standing by my desk. looking at the "front" door.

The cabinet doors have a pocket chart for the week's spelling words and a place to track our writing progress.

I love that at this school I can hang fun things from the ceiling!  I found these items in the party supply section of Wal Mart on clearance.  I'm still working on tissue paper poms to add to the corners.

The tables along the wall will be where all workstation supplies can be found.  I'm thinking of investing in some table skirts; that area under those tables is a great storage space.

Each student table has a basket with notebook paper and an envelope for table tickets {earned through cooperation and teamwork, and spent on coupons that the team must decide on and redeem together (bring a stuffed animal, lunch in the classroom, etc.)}, and a box with supplies {glue sticks, sticky notes, erasers, etc.}

classroom library, with a lot of wall space for displaying anchor charts and student work

My personal favorite area of the room:  our Wonder Wall, where students can use sticky notes to post questions and observations on things they wonder about.

more anchor chart displays, and my singing bird clock with the singing bird mechanism removed     :^)
    
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment