Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

New Room Update

     I spent some time yesterday in my classroom, 
putting up the fabric and borders on my bulletin boards.  
Can you spot a theme?

I love using ribbon as a border!
More of the ribbon border.  The border on the right is magnetic to stick to white boards, but my board isn't magnetic, so I had to use hot glue.
Math board on the left, student work board on the right.
I'm already having issues with the busyness of this soon-to-be data wall.  I'm going to cover large parts of it with graphs of student assessment results, and I'm still looking for a solid border.  It's wrapping paper that was on clearance at a local grocery store for 50 cents a roll.  I couldn't pass it up!





I had decided that I didn't want a "theme" for my classroom this year, just a color scheme, and when I found these folders in the clearance section of Wal Mart, I knew I had it.


I love the blues and greens with the pop of other colors.  And the birds are just too cute!

 So, I'm doing a combination of dots and cute birds this year,
with a color scheme of blues and greens with pops of other colors. 



Stay tuned for a step-by-step making of some "chandeliers" for my room.  
We'll see if it turns into a "how to" or a "how NOT to!"


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment