Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Some Light Summer Reading

     I'm now two weeks into my summer break, and I decided to do some 
light summer reading.





Ha ha.

     I've been working my way through these three page-turners.  I know that my small group reading time is one of my weaknesses, so I decided to use this summer to do some research and get some inspiration for the upcoming year.  

     The two books with Guided Reading in the title are great, but I actually got the most practical information from Small Group Reading Instruction.  It claims that it's NOT guided reading, but it shares a lot of the same teaching points.  Small group reading includes more word study and phonics instruction, but otherwise they're a lot alike.  I like the fact that the last third of the book is made up of reproducibles, forms, and sample lesson plans (along with scripts of some sample lessons).  

     {FYI-- I have also been speedily reading my way through the Hunger Games trilogy, so I'm not all work and no play this summer.}

     Do you have any hints, tips, and tricks for successful small reading groups?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment