Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer is . . .

   . . . a time to relax and recharge after a long, stressful, and sometimes grueling school year. 

   . . . a time to take a vacation and get away from the daily grind.

   . . . a time to catch up on housework, DIY projects, and crafts I've been meaning to do.

     Well, two out of three ain't bad.  I'm not going anywhere farther than my sister's house and my boyfriend's house this summer, so I'll have plenty of time to work on the other two items on my summer list.

     I've been spending time hanging out on the couch and in the backyard with Wagner, my dog.  We've been weeding the garden, cutting back all the overgrown plants, and gazing at the local flora and fauna.  Wagner has made it an Olympic sport to try to keep all the squirrels out of the yard.  He's tried to make friends with the rabbits, but they don't seem to understand that having a 70 pound dog running at to them is a gesture of friendliness. 


     As far as crafts and DIY projects, I've been busy with those, too.   I finally replaced the leaky faucet in the kitchen.  I've never done anything like it by myself before, and it was very rewarding to see it complete (and no leaks!).



The boyfriend trying to loosen the bolts.  Unfortunately we didn't have the right tools and had to stop that day.  He had to work the next day, so I finished by myself.


After finally getting the old faucet off. I had to stop and go back to the store to get longer connections since the old ones were a half inch too short.

 Yay!  A new working faucet!

     The next craft I tried came from a crafty blog I found on Pinterest.  It's called Creating Laura {I LOVE the name :^) } and it has some great ideas.  I have a ton of old t-shirts that I can't throw out because I keep thinking I can use them for something.  I decided to make a no-sew workout shirt using this pattern, and it worked out really well.

before - an old, super large t-shirt I got for free somewhere


after - my new workout tank

      I've also been working on some school stuff {which I've added to my Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook stores} that I'll  highlight in a later blog post.  For now, I'm going back outside to work some more in the yard and throw Wagner's toy with him.

    




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there I just won your Math Focus Board and would love to rate it for you but have no idea how to do that. Anyway thank you and it is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and congratulations! I'm so glad you like it, and I hope it will be helpful. I'm not sure how the feedback works for a giveaway, but if you go to the Teachers Notebook website and look at your purchases/downloads, there may be an option to review your items. Have a great summer!

      Delete